Breaking News

Episode 4 draft



One picture, One Story, One thought

About summer, an old crow sitting on branch of a tall Banyan Tree was telling a story to his offsprings about his olden days which portrayed something like this: In the olden days of summer, once I got my throat dried with dehydration, I couldn't find any water around, I wandered here and there, met disapointment and despair everywhere. It was extreme hot, so that explained why the ponds were dried up. However, to my fortune, I wandered across a house roof where I glanced down to a pitcher. Without wasting a split second, I hastened towards it and when I was about to bend down to drink, the level of water struck my hopes for a moment, because it was too low for me to reach. Though I did not give up, I started thinking a way around this problem and while I was looking around, I saw some pebbles on the roof, and I thought to myself that if I can somehow manage to throw these pebbles into the pitcher, they'll increase the level of water and i'll be able to drink it then. I started acting upon this and soon I was able to rise the level to a sufficient level. I drank the water and quenched my thirst and went back home. The two young crows and their sister listened to their dad very carefully, and after a few years, when the three crows grew older, they met across the same situation their father had faced. It was again summer, the water around was no where to be found. One of the male crow got really thirsty so he went out in search of water. The sun was on its peak at that time. He went everywhere around and finally came across a pitcher lying on a house roof. It was nothing different than the story his father told, the water level insufficiently low. He remembered his father's story and decided to do the same thing. He saw stones on the roof, but they weren't rigid, they were fairly porous but he decided to go for it without thinking. When he managed to throw all the stones in the pitcher, he realized that the stones had absorbed all the water and there was nothing left it but mud. He returned home all thirsty and defeated. On the same day, his little brother got thirsty and he also went out in search of water. He saw a glass mug with a little water in it, he couldn't reach to the level so he also decided to repeat the same thing his father did. He picked a big stone and threw it in the glass jug, but instead of increasing the level, the stone broke the glass jug and water flowed out on the roof. He also went home in despair and defeat. They both were extremely tired and in a pity situation. Their sister interrogated the reason for them being late and in such a pity situation, they both told about the mishaps they underwent. Their sister started laughing over their retarded decision-making. She intrigued to explain how they should've dealt with their respective situation. She told the first brother that you could've used a straw from a drink shop, and use it to suck water from the pitcher just like humans do. And she told her other brother that you could've taken that big stone, place it aside the glass jug and then push the jug from the corresponding side and make it fall over the big stone, that way you could place your mouth into the mouth of jug and drink as much water as you pleased. She continued to conclude the moral of their mishaps that you should upgrade yourself with time. When the situation changes, old methods goes obsolete, you should keep yourself innovative and upgraded so you can confront any challenges that comes in your way. She followed her conclusion with her own story, that today I also got thirsty, I went over to house roof where i found a pitcher and as conventional, it also didn't have enough water for me to reach down to. I saw three different things on the roof, soft porous stones, big stones and a rope. I thought to myself that if I throw the porous stones in, they'll absorb all the water, if i throw the big stone, it might break the pitcher, so I took the rope and threw it's one end in the water and when it abosrbed the water, I took the end out while dropping its other end and drank throw that wet end while the other one was absorbing more water. This way, I quenched my thirst successfully. She directed towards her bothers that you should change yourself and find new ways to deal with your problems. Our father didn't tell us the story to give us ways to drink water even if it's low, the lesson he wanted to give us was to not be hopeless and know the abilities of your mind. And one of those abilities is upgrading yourself with time.

No comments

Thanks for your comments.